SEO is constantly evolving, you need to ensure that you are in the right place and that is ahead of your competitors. Look back to the basics and other SEO practices for your on page optimization to boost your page rank.
Good content with targeted keywords
The content of a page is one factor that brings your website on a more visible spot in the search engine results page. Write a good content and boost search engine optimization rankings and acquire more visits from the people. Use URLs that include keywords, the location of these keywords can be a big influence. Shorter URLs seem to achieve better in search engine results. Great URLs should not be more than 255 characters and use hyphens as a separator.
- Create original content
- Create strong headlines
- Write unique and relevant content
- Use keyword phrase 2 times in your content
Meta description is one of the most important factors influencing search engine rankings. It summarizes the page’s content and shows importance in encouraging people to click and visit your website from the search results pages.
- It should be 150 – 160 characters in length
- It should be relevant to the content
- It should be unique
These tags represent the title of the document and tells the search engines and people what your page is for. It should be at least 65-70 characters in length. The title tag is a necessary part of SEO because it gives you the idea of the content of the page.
- 50 – 60 characters in length including spaces
- Use dash in between keywords
- Avoid title tag duplication
Strong internal page linking with anchor text
What about the internal links within the website? These are links that go from one page to another within the same domain. They are generally used in the main navigation. These are the type of links that helps in establishing a hierarchy of information for the website, allows user navigation and escalate link around the website.
- Use the homepage to link to important pages in your site
- Add links to footer and sidebar
- Links at the top of the page are considered important by Google
- Not more than 7-8 internal links per page should be used
Image ALT tags, and filenames
Finding and using the right image, add a certain support to your article. It gives more appeal. They emphasize the title or subject of the post. Images should be in a right format and are compressed for the web. It will make a visitor to read the article, as the first view isn’t just text. All images should have ALT tags define and the file name is descriptive.
- Use descriptive names
- Reduce your image file sizes
- Use the right image file type
- Use image site maps
- Images should reflect on the content of the page