Dictionary defined logo as a unique mark used by a company to recognize its product or services. It is composed with suitable, unique, timeless, versatile and simple design to create an effective and successful logo.
Try these simple guides in creating a logo:
Guide #1: First, gather the needed details of the logo and study those details from the company itself, competitors, history and reference of successful logo design on present trends.
Guide #2: Afterwards, develop the logo design concept. This is the most important part of the process because you need to use your creativity skills.
Here are some basis in creating a logo design associated with your design concept.
- Simplicity – Simplicity is beauty. I do agree! A simple design makes a logo be easily be identified and significant for people. The best logo is simple.
- Appropriate – The logo must relate to what it symbolizes.
- Timeless – This means that the logo must be out of any trend. It’s like a t-shirt, ever since the t-shirt was invented, until now it still exist and almost all people knows and wears it.
- Flexible – The logo must be versatile. It can be used for any application and media.
- Indelible – Finally, the design must be memorable.
Guide #3: Once the design has formed, have it checked. Accept opinion, suggestions and criticism. Redesign the logo and present the most excellent logo designs to your client.
If you are a logo designer, try to follow these guides and you’ll see how effective the result is.